Library of Liberty
- The Anatomy of the State
by Murray Rothbard
The libertarian critique of the state.
- The Traditional Social Contract Theory
by Michael Huemer
- Defining State and Society, Wendy McElroy
- Origins of State and Class by Albert Jay Nock
- Demystifying the State
by Wendy McElroy
Shattering the aura of legitimacy.
- The State
by Jan Narveson
Political philosopher analyzes the State.
- Discourse on Voluntary Servitude
by Étienne de la Boétie
Why do people obey authority?
- In Defense of Anarchism
by Robert Paul Wolff
Philosophical anarchism. Moral autonomy vs. authority.
- Objectivism and the State: An Open Letter to Ayn Rand
by Roy Childs
Anarchism vs. minarchism.
- Government is a Quack Faith-Healer by Wolf DeVoon
- The Immorality of the State by Mikhail Bakunin
- Relation of the State to the Individual by Benjamin Tucker
War and Peace
- Just War by Murray N. Rothbard
- Thinking About War by George H. Smith
- Time For Liberty by James Ostrowski
- War is the Health of the State by Randolph Bourne
- War, Peace, and the State - Murray N. Rothbard
- They Didn't Attack Switzerland - Bill Walker
- Patriotism - Herbert Spencer
- Lew Rockwell Peace Archive - various authors
- Also see: Antiwar.com
Justice and Natural Law
- Man's Rights by Ayn Rand - What are rights?
- The Nature of Law by Roderick T. Long - Natural Law and anarchism.
- The Law by Frederic Bastiat - The quintessential statement of Natural Law.
- The Right to Ignore the State by Herbert Spencer
- Natural Law by Lysander Spooner - Classic essay on justice and natural law.
- Contractarian FAQ by Jan Narveson - Can contractarianism justify natural law?
- The Freeman's Constitution by Wolf DeVoon
Free Market Security
- Defense Services on the Free Market
by Murray Rothbard - How it would work.
- Anarchy and Efficient Law
by David Friedman
Economic analysis of free-market protection agencies.
- The Idea of a Private Law Society by Hans-Hermann Hoppe
- The Production of Security by Gustave de Molinari - First ever anarcho-capitalist essay, 1849.
- For many more, including historical examples: Polycentric Law Links.
- Taxation is Robbery by Frank Chodorov - The essence of taxation.
- The Myth of Neutral Taxation
by Murray N. Rothbard
State Robbery and the Market; Austrian analysis
- Time for Another Revolution
by Frank Chodorov
The income tax betrayed the American Revolution
Against Political Activism
- The Ethics of Voting
by George H. Smith
Should a libertarian vote?
- Why I Would Not Vote Against Hitler by Wendy McElroy
- Letter to the Liberals by Leo Tolstoy
- Voluntaryist Bibliography and History by Carl Watner
Bibliography, Libertarian Tradition, and European Anarchist Tradition.
- What is a Sovereign Individual? by Scamdog - Be a PT, perpetual traveler.
- Assassination Politics by Jim Bell - Off the statist bastards.
- New Libertarian Manifesto by SEK III - Agorism; use the counter-economy.
- Mere Libertarianism: Blending Hayek and Rothbard by Daniel B. Klein
'Open tent' definition of libertarianism. Two styles of argumentation.
- The Principle of Federation by Pierre Proudhon
Property and Economics
- Capital by Frederic Bastiat - Interest is natural and good, contra Proudhon.
- What Is Money? by Frederic Bastiat - Not the same as wealth!
- What is Property? by Pierre Proudhon
Decreed property is theft; entitled property is liberty.
- The Theory of Property by Pierre Proudhon
- Are We All Mutualists? by Kevin Carson
Lockean and Usufructory Property; Panarchy & Mutual Defense Associations
A Libertarian Case for Free Immigration
by Walter Block
Migration is a victimless “crime.” There should be no restrictions whatsoever.
- The Authoritarian Right and Left
by Derrick Broze
Social Justice Warriors, the Alt-Right, and what really matters - liberty.
How Government Solved the Health Care Crisis
by Roderick T. Long
Medical Insurance that Worked - Until Government "Fixed" It
- iFeminism vs Gender Feminism by Wendy McElroy
- Mises' Legacy to Feminism by Wendy McElroy
History and Schools of Anarchism
by Voltairine de Cleyre
The four main types.
Anarchism & American Traditions
by Voltairine de Cleyre
American history from an anarchist perspective.
The Peaceful Revolutionist
by Josiah Warren
Excerpts from the first anarchist periodical (1833).
- A Vindication of Natural Society by Edmund Burke
First anarchist essay. Anarchy is better than State.
The Individualist and the Communist. A Dialogue.
by Rosa Slobodinsky & Voltairine de Cleyre (1891)
- Individualist Anarchism vs. Communist Anarchism & Libertarianism
by Wendy McElroy
- Geoanarchism by Fred Foldvary
- What is Mutualism? by Clarence Lee Swartz
- Panarchy by P.E. de Puydt (1860)
- Stigmergic Socialism by Brad Spangler
- Deep Anarchy by Max T. O'Connor
- Declaration of Independence for Cyberspace by John Perry Barlow
- Political Philosophy for Daniel C. Burton by Daniel Burton
Another anarcho-capitalist manifesto.
- Response To The Anarchist FAQ
by Richard A. Garner
Definition of anarchism and some history. Answer to anarcho-socialist sectarians.
- Introduction to "Markets, not Corporatism"
Translated from Marxian to Rothbardian by Hogeye Bill
- The Principles of Anarchist Federation
Remix of Principles of a Pluralist Commonwealth with an ancap perspective.
- The Problem of Political Authority
An Examination of the Right to Coerce and the Duty to Obey
Complete book by Michael Huemer. The ultimate libertarian reference!
- Anarcho-capitalist study guide. Books available in pdf format.
Send comments to: email@example.com. Revised 3/28/2017